May 5, 2014

May Reading Challenge | Day 5

Anchored In A Book | 5/05/2014 | | | |
Hosted by Tee The Quoter from Tumblr, Monthly Challenges are meant to help readers have fun while reading.  Each month, a new set of challenges will be posted, one for each day of the month.  For a complete list of the challenges for this month, click here.







DAY 5: *FAVORITE COVER*

I recently discovered embroidered books, thanks to Ginna over at My Pretty Pennies, and I have to say, I am in LOVE with their covers!!

Photo courtesy of Ginna from My Pretty Pennies
 I mean just look at these covers!  Aren't they simply beautiful!?  I definitely going to have to look into ordering these books.

I'm a total visual person when it comes to books.  I tend to gravitate toward books with pretty or creative covers.  While I can think of a ton of book covers that have caught my eye, some of my more favorite/unique covers are listed below:


A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket.  

I have always loved the covers of these books.  There's just something soothing and pleasing about the repetition of them, spruced up with the different colors and slightly different designs on the picture on the front.




Draw The Dark by Ilsa Bick

I recently discovered Ilsa Bick about a year and a half ago, and I'm so glad that I did.  I love her style of writing- the whole creepy, gothic, dark, and sometimes weird and confusing ideas she writes about.  

What I really like about this cover is the typography, I like how it looks like it's bleeding and has a sort of creepy air about it.  The particular book is actually how I first learned about Bick, and is actually what caught my attention in the first place.  I'm a total typography nut, I love the different styles of font (with the exception of Comic Sans), and I love how the styles can help portray a certain feeling or image.  I just love how ominous the whole cover is; with the foreboding sky, an empty barn and that mysterious light shining from the door. 

No comments:

Leave A Comment