May 12, 2014

May Reading Challenge | Day 12

Anchored In A Book | 5/12/2014 | | | |

Hosted by Tee The Quoter from Tumblr, Monthly Challenges are meant to help readers have fun while reading.  Each month, a new set of challenges will be posted, one for each day of the month.  For a complete list of the challenges for this month, click here.








DAY 12: *FAVORITE YA*

Oh, the agony of having to select my favorite YA...
This is by far the hardest one yet.

Picking my favorite YA is like asking me to pick between my eyebrows - I need them both (otherwise things would just get awkward...)  I have very few "favorites," and even then it's usually my favorite GROUP of things.

For example: 
  • Favorite Ice Cream: Banana Split, Peanut Butter, Reeses 
  • Favorite Color: Anything pastel, yellow, purple
  • Favorite Shoes: White-laced TOMS, Burlap TOMS, Black-painted TOMS
You see my struggle?

Anyways, as far as YA books go, I've always had a special place in my heart for John Green's books.  My favorite being Paper Towns.  

Margo Roth Spiegelman (yOu hAvE tO spElL oUt heR FuLl nAme) is my fictional idol, and by far, my favorite book character (for the most part, she kind of pisses me off at the end though).  I loved her "stick-it-to-the-man" attitude and the fact that she doesn't play by the conventional rules of capitalization.  I thought the whole idea of a paper towns was also really cool and totally relatable.  Plus, I think everyone has dreamt, at some point in their lives, about just picking up, leaving and starting over someplace new. 

It also doesn't help that every time I finish this book, I get the urge to go on a senseless road trip, while timing myself at the gas station.


No comments:

Leave A Comment