May 31, 2014

May Reading Challenge | Day 31

Anchored In A Book | 5/31/2014 | | | |
Hosted by Tee The Quoter from Tumblr, Monthly Challenges are meant to help readers have fun while reading.  Each month, a new set of challenges will be posted, one for each day of the month.  For a complete list of the challenges for this month, click here.







DAY 31: *REVIEW OF A BOOK YOU'VE READ THIS MONTH*


This month was a bit hectic, due to finals, graduation, work and a leadership conference.  I didn't read nearly as many books as I planned to, but hopefully June will be a lot better on me.

I did however, manage to read 3 books and write reviews on two of them.  One of the books I reviewed was Panic by Lauren Oliver.

I thought Oliver did a great job with developing Heather's character- I loved how she made Heather a strong, independent, tall and somewhat clumsy character, despite being one of the weakest characters throughout most of the book.  I also thought the idea of the game itself was really interesting, and at times, kind of scary and freaky.  It was mind-boggling how much power the game had, and how much the game controlled the lives of all the students.  Read the full review here.

No comments:

Leave A Comment