May 22, 2014

May Reading Challenge | Day 22

Anchored In A Book | 5/22/2014 | | | |

Hosted by Tee The Quoter from Tumblr, Monthly Challenges are meant to help readers have fun while reading.  Each month, a new set of challenges will be posted, one for each day of the month.  For a complete list of the challenges for this month, click here.







DAY 22: *FAVORITE LIBRARY*


The town I currently live in has 6 public libraries.  Now, I'll be the first to admit that my town's libraries are severely lacking in the newest books.  Sometimes I'm able to find a book I'm looking for, but more often, I'm not.  They also don't always receive books in a timely fashion, and I usually end up waiting months for a new book (if it comes at all). 

What I do like about the libraries though is that they're always selling books for a quarter a pop.  And these are good books, YA books, so I typically stock up on as many books as I can when I find some good ones.  I have checked out books from all six, but there are two branches in particular that tend to visit more often than the others.  These branches have a wide selection of YA books, and are usually the ones to have the newest YA books (if they have them at all).

Anita & W.T. Neyland 



Known as the busiest of all the branches, this library is located on the Southside of town, and usually has the best books for sale.  Their YA selection is also pretty good, and you can usually find whole series of books (if you're lucky).  

Janet F. Harte  


This branch is actually located on a high school campus, and actually serves as both a high school and public library.  What I love about this branch is that the YA selection is by far, the best and biggest out of all the branches.  This branch also gets the newest YA books first.  What I don't like about this branch is all the high schoolers that hang around it.  I usually go in the evening or on the weekends in order to avoid them.

I also visit other branches, mainly the central library, if a particular book I'm looking for is located there.

No comments:

Leave A Comment