May 13, 2014

May Reading Challenge | Day 13

Anchored In A Book | 5/13/2014 | | | |

Hosted by Tee The Quoter from Tumblr, Monthly Challenges are meant to help readers have fun while reading.  Each month, a new set of challenges will be posted, one for each day of the month.  For a complete list of the challenges for this month, click here.







DAY 13: *FAVORITE CLASSIC*


The Outsiders, hands-down, is my favorite classic.  I fell in love with this book back in 7th grade, when I had to read it for a class.  I loved the book so much, that I went on to read That Was Then, This Is Now (includes some of the characters from The Outsiders, including Pony Boy).

Everything from the characters' names (Pony Boy, Johnny Cake, Soda Pop) to S.E. Hinton's heart-wrenching, coming-of-age story, makes the book both touching and exciting.  

No comments:

Leave A Comment